Reunion 2018

Reunion 2018, Original Reunion Newsletter. 

Dear families,

I hope you and your families are well.  Ever since my husband's funeral in 2015 (Edward Lee Ayers, Sr.), I have dreamed that we could have a family reunion in 2018.  I held the first reunion in 1995, so after 22 years, it's about time we get together again.

One of the first tasks is to put together a family list so that we can see if there is enough interest in having a reunion.  Below is a survey form, and we would appreciate your response as soon as possible.  (If there is enough interest, a lot of planning will be necessary, and we need enough lead time.) 

I know some of you have been meticulously keeping up with a family tree and/or address book.  Is your tree in a copy-able format that you could send to me?  I have a pretty good address list of my immediate family, but I especially don't know the details about you, aunts, uncles and cousins.  We want to include all branches or our tree.  At a minimum, please provide the names and  addresses of your own immediate family, (spouse, siblings, children, grandparents and great-grandparents and any other family addresses you may have.  We may get duplicates, but that's better than missing someone!

These trees and  address lists might be a good resource tool, as well, both for organizing the reunion and for putting together a reunion keepsake.  In addition, I am  asking each family member to provide me with a favorite recipe ( even if you don't think you can attend the reunion), so that I can put together a Family Cookbook.  Please attach your recipe to your survey form. 

I really want to see us get together in a happy, festive occasion.  If we start planning now, we just might be able to do it!

Love & Blessings,
Betty Jo Roberts Ayers
Founder, Editor




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New-Fashioned Corn Relish

What to bring to the reunion.